UPDATED MARCH 31, 2020
Gilda’s Club Evansville is continually reassessing program options to provide the best service possible during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We know that connection, emotional support and stress reduction for our participants, volunteers and greater community are more important than ever. Because social support is so vital, we have added new options to our program during this unpleasant time of physical distancing.
Below are several opportunities to converse, share, support one another and strengthen ourselves holistically:
Access to the Clubhouse continues to be restricted in accordance with the Governor's orders. However, staff are working remotely and phone calls will be addressed during normal business hours.
- Support groups are held via a HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing software. Members who cannot videoconference can join by phone.
- "Community Call-Ins" - simple telephone conference calls with those interested in talking are scheduled twice per week:
- Tuesday 10:00-10:30am
- Thursday 3:00-3:30pm
- Call the conference call line (605)-313-4100, then enter access code 131460#
- One-on-one phone support (for members only) with our licensed social workers.
- Wednesdays 12:00-2:00pm with Scheleen
- Thursdays 12:30-2:30pm with Robin
- Call the Clubhouse for an appointment
- Check out our virtual programs page for additional videos and resources to strength your mind and body.
- Educational workshops will be streamed on the Gilda's Club Facebook page.
- Persons seeking help for cancer-related distress may call 812-402-8667 to connect with a licensed social worker.
- Customized plans for Gilda’s Club participation will take place on an individual basis via phone.
We will continue to keep you updated as this situation evolves via email, social media and on this webpage. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to keep all of our Gilda’s Club Cancer Support Community safe and healthy.